What Sets Basnight’s Lone Cedar Café Apart
At Basnight’s Lone Cedar Café, a family owned and operated restaurant, we’re committed to serving the freshest Outer Banks seafood caught only in North Carolina waters. At Lone Cedar, you won’t find any frozen, imported or farm-raised seafood of any kind. Nor will you find any frozen meats or canned vegetables stored in chemical preservatives or any mass-produced desserts.
Here’s what you will find at the Lone Cedar…
- The best fresh-caught fish, clams, crab, shrimp and oysters—hand-selected by our fish monger and cleaned on premise in our fish-cleaning building. We even shed our own soft crabs in season.
- Quality meat products including USDA Prime Angus Beef raised on all-natural vegetarian feed that is free of hormones and antibiotics, and all-natural poultry and pork products from North Carolina farms.
- “Just-picked” vegetables from North Carolina farmers prepared simply and seasoned with fresh herbs picked from our own herb garden.
- Your favorite deep-fried selections prepared using an all-natural 100% soybean oil that is carb free with no cholesterol or trans fats.
- Delicious down home, favorite desserts handmade from scratch daily by our pastry chef.
- A 2,000-bottle traditional 55 degrees wine cellar.
- The Osprey Lounge, a favorite gathering spot for locals and visitors with live music regularly.
- A panoramic view of the Roanoke Sound from every seat—you can watch Lucy and Ricky, our resident osprey family, build their nest and raise their young, check the crabs in our shedders and enjoy gorgeous sunsets.
- An all-green restaurant to help preserve our environment.
- A gift shop offering treasures to take home as reminders of your wonderful vacation on the Outer Banks.
- Full-service Outer Banks catering.
- A heart-felt welcome from everyone at Lone Cedar that makes you feel like family.
Recent awards Basnight's has earned...
Best of the Beach